Casino Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
Harmed While Gambling? Call Four Rivers Law Firm!
Casinos may offer a much-needed escape from reality, but they can also present hazards – especially when they are not properly secured and maintained. These large properties provide countless luxuries and diversions to guests, but they are also high-traffic areas that need constant maintenance and additional safety precautions.
Whether you slip and fall on a busy casino floor, get food poisoning from the casino buffet, fall prey to casino-related crime, or sustain an injury in your hotel room or the casino shuttle bus, Four Rivers Law Firm has you covered.
As Tampa casino accident lawyers, we can help with injuries at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, cruise line casinos like Carnival Paradise Casino, Holland America Cruise Line – Oosterdam, Royal Caribbean – Brilliance of the Seas, and Norwegian Cruise Lines – Jade. We can also help with racetrack injuries that occur at Tampa Bay Downs Racing Poker Golf or TGT Poker and Racebook.
Anywhere there is gambling in Tampa, we can help. Our Tampa casino attorneys are committed to justice, advocacy, and fairness for all. Call us at (813) 331-5056 to schedule a free consultation.
Are Casinos Legal in Florida?
No - technically, casinos are not legal in Florida. That’s why many of Tampa’s casinos are on cruise lines. The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, however, is located on the Seminole reservation, which means it is tribal land. When you are on tribal land, you are subject to tribal law.
This can make a big difference in your personal injury claim. For example, while Florida gives you 4 years from the date of your accident to file a claim, Seminole laws only give you 6 months from the date of your injury to file a claim for compensation. You must request a form from the casino’s management and file it within 6 months for the tribe’s insurance company to handle your claim. Additionally, the tribe only waives its sovereign immunity (or protection from lawsuits) in “area[s] of the facility where covered games are played,” which restricts certain types of claims – and there are limits on what damages you can recover.
As such, you must choose a Tampa casino accident lawyer and file your claim as soon as possible. You need attorneys who are familiar with local and tribal laws. You need Four Rivers Law Firm.
Common Casino Accidents
Casinos are much more than sites for gambling. They are restaurants, hotels, and adult playgrounds with ample risk of injury.
The most common casino accidents and injuries we see at our firm include:
- Slip and fall accidents, which occur in gambling areas, around swimming pools, in parking lots, and in casino restaurants and hotel rooms.
- Burns can happen as a result of excessively hot tap water or faulty hotel room appliances (coffee makers, irons, hairdryers, etc.)
- Shuttle bus accidents – many casinos use shuttles to transport visitors to and from airports, hotels, and other locations. Patrons may slip and fall on shuttle bus hazards or be injured in auto accidents that involve the shuttle bus.
- Food poisoning – casinos are famous for their buffets and indulgent meals, but any mistake in storing or serving food or a lack of sanitation can lead to food poisoning.
- Broken slot machine chairs - broken furniture is a problem in high-use areas like casinos. Slot machine chairs swivel, and with thousands of gamblers sitting and swinging on them every day, they break down and cause injuries regularly.
- Criminal activity – because guests are gambling and winning cash, casinos are a hotspot for thieves and criminals. Casinos must provide additional security, or they can be responsible for robberies and other crimes that occur on-premises.
If you have been injured in any of the situations above, you may be entitled to compensation. Damages from a lawsuit can help you afford medical bills, time away from work, and rehabilitative care and account for pain and suffering and other emotional losses.
Our firm fights for the rights and justice of real people when they are injured on vacations or even weeknight getaways in casinos.
Talk to Our Attorneys Today
When you choose Four Rivers Law Firm, you will work directly with your attorney every time you call or come in for an appointment. The team you meet during your free consultation will be the team that is by your side through every step of your lawsuit, and you will have your lawyer’s cell phone number.
Our services are affordable, and we are up to date with modern technology and communication.For innovative, flexible, and responsive legal services with a human touch, call Four Rivers Law Firm at (813) 331-5056 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Modern Technology & Communication
We have built our practice from the ground up using proprietary information management and software technology. We have streamlined our entire technological process which has allowed us to provide higher levels of expertise, better service, and ultimately a lower cost.
Transparent Fees, Custom Rates
You can speak with your attorney as much as you want; all fees and costs are known to you before you sign with us.
Real Attorneys, Every Time
Every time you communicate with our firm, you speak with a real attorney. You will be given the cell phone number of your attorney who is there for you every step of the way.