Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers
Helping You Receive Compensation for Your Personal Injury
If you're injured by another person or entity's negligence, you may be eligible to file a personal injury suit against them. Filing a personal injury suit can help you obtain compensation for lost wages and medical expenses associated with your accident.
At Four Rivers Law Firm, we understand the ins and outs of personal injury law in FL. Our Tampa personal attorneys can help you pursue the best outcome in your case.
To schedule a consultation with our team or learn more about our services, contact us online or via phone at (813) 331-5056.
How Does Personal Injury Work in Florida
To qualify for a personal injury suit in Florida, you must prove that:
- Another person or entity was responsible for attempting to prevent your injury, but failed to do so;
- Their failure played a direct role in the accident, and;
- You suffered damages or injuries as a result of their negligence.
For example, let's look at a common personal injury case type: Slip and fall.
Let's say a person goes to a grocery store. As they walk down one of the aisles, they slip in a puddle and break their ankle. That person may be able to file a personal injury suit against the grocery store, but they may need to prove that:
- Employees at the store knew about the puddle;
- Despite knowing, they did nothing to warn guests of the danger (such as putting up a warning sign);
- The lack of a warning sign or other safety measure was (at least partially) responsible for the injury.
It's also important to note that personal injury cases are not often an either-or situation. In many personal injury cases, the injured party is somewhat responsible.
Going back to our slip and fall case example, let's say the puddle was very obvious and the person walked through it because they were distracted by texting someone while listening to headphones. They may receive less compensation because their own negligence contributes to the injury and its severity.
What Can a Personal Injury Suit Get Me?
You can use a personal injury suit to gain compensation for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses;
- Any wages you lose from work as a result of the injury;
- Any property damage caused by the accident;
- Any disfigurement or disability;
- Other costs associated with your injury or the accident, such as hiring a caretaker, therapy appointments, etc.
Filing a personal injury case can help you maintain financial stability and improve your life after an accident.
At Four Rivers Law Firm, we understand how daunting it can be to file a personal injury case and contend with your insurer. We'll take the burden of your case off your shoulders, so you can focus on healing up while we pursue a positive outcome for you.
To schedule a consultation with our team, contact us online or via phone at (813) 331-5056.
Modern Technology & Communication
We have built our practice from the ground up using proprietary information management and software technology. We have streamlined our entire technological process which has allowed us to provide higher levels of expertise, better service, and ultimately a lower cost.
Transparent Fees, Custom Rates
You can speak with your attorney as much as you want; all fees and costs are known to you before you sign with us.
Real Attorneys, Every Time
Every time you communicate with our firm, you speak with a real attorney. You will be given the cell phone number of your attorney who is there for you every step of the way.