Tampa Estate Planning Attorneys
Helping You Prepare for the Future
Estate planning is a legal service that everyone can use to protect themselves and the people and groups they care about the most. It consists of a collection of legal instruments that are designed to ensure that your intentions and wishes are carried out in the event that you become incapacitated, are traveling abroad, or should pass away.
Estate planning gives legal effect to your decisions about how you wish your property and assets to be distributed, how you wish end-of-life medical care to be handled, and how to handle other important financial, life, and medical choices.
Estate Planning Tools
Our Tampa estate planning lawyers can advise you on how best to create your unique estate plan based on the specifics of your needs and objectives. Every estate plan is different due to a variety of issues that can be involved.
Basically, estate plans may include:
- Wills, specifying how your assets are to be distributed to your beneficiaries
- Living wills, which detail the type of medical interventions and palliative care you wish to have or not have should you become incapacitated and unable to express your decisions
- Revocable living trusts, in which you transfer your assets to be held as a separate entity for the benefit of your beneficiaries. Your designated trustees will distribute these assets in the event of your passing. Advantages include avoidance of probate and a successor trustee to take over should you become incapacitated.
- Durable Powers of Attorney, in which you authorize someone to handle your financial and/or other personal affairs. This authorization continues should you become incapacitated.
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney, in which you authorize another to make medical decisions for you should you become incapacitated.
- Other trusts, such as special needs trusts, minors’ trusts, testamentary trusts, and more.
With the Four Rivers Law Firm specialized technology that streamlines legal services, we can create the type of estate planning package that best serves your needs at a lower cost without losing quality. Your estate plan will always be handled directly by an attorney with responsiveness and accessibility.
Learn more about how we can help by contacting us at (813) 331-5056.